Your personal data is collected and processed by Metamaze BV.
Metamaze has its headquarters at Oudeleeuwenrui 39, 2000 Antwerpen, registered with company number 0755.889.326.
- Legal framework
Metamaze (“we”, “our” or “us”) processes personal data in accordance with the legal requirements laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and, where applicable, the Belgian law on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data.
- Scope of the Privacy Statement
Metamaze wants to continue being an organisation that cares about your privacy and is therefore committed to protect your (personal) data with the greatest possible care and to process your personal data only in a fair and lawful manner. This Privacy Statement is applicable to:
- Users of the Metamaze platform;
- Suppliers and
- Website visitors for the personal data collected and processed by Metamaze through this website.
This Privacy Statement contains essential information on how Metamaze, as the data controller, collects and processes personal data, for what purposes and explains your rights as a data subject.
- Processing of Personal Data: why do we process your personal data and on what legal ground?
Personal data can be defined as any information that allows a natural person to be identified, directly or indirectly. You can provide us with your personal data in the context of the following activities, for the corresponding purposes and based on the stated legal grounds:
- Free download of the e-books, Benckmark reports and Gartner Market Guide for IDP: We collect your first name, last name, e-mail address, company name and job title for the only purpose of making the requested e-books or reports available to the right person. The processing is therefore justified by the existence of a legitimate interest of Metamaze. We will only reach out to you for certain interesting use cases via e-mail if you consent to receiving these e-mails. You can always withdraw your consent via the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of each email sent.
- Registration for webinars: When Metamaze hosts a webinar, you will need to register before being able to participate. By registering for our webinar we collect your first name, last name, e-mail address, company name and job title. We request to process this limited set of information to identify the people participating and to send you information and details regarding the webinar. The processing is therefore justified by the existence of a legitimate interest of Metamaze. We will only reach out to you for certain interesting uses cases via e-mail if you consent to receiving these e-mails. You can always withdraw your consent via the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of each email sent.
- Sending marketing communications and promotions (newsletters, surveys, online advertising): If you subscribe to our newsletter, you provide us with your name and e-mail address. This way you stay up to date with important product information, interesting use cases, events, actions, promotions etc.
Also, our newsletter contains so-called ‘tracking pixels’. A tracking allows a statistical analysis of the impact of a marketing campaign e.g. to check whether the email containing the newsletter was opened. The personal data collected through these pixels are stored and analysed for the purpose of optimising the form and content of the newsletter and to better align the content with your interests in the future. These personal data are not passed on to third parties.
If you are already a client or user with us, you can also once in a while receive some interesting general e-mails when we want to inform you about important changes in the tool, new features, surveys, general tips and tricks, value reports etc. based on our legitimate interest.
Ofcourse you can always unsubscribe from our newsletters via the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of each newsletter sent.
If the user consents to this on the Metamaze platform, we also Consent can be withdrawn at any time via ……
In addition we communicate some of our marketing promotions through third party websites and social media platforms such as Facebook and LinkedIn. Metamaze uses the LinkedIn Pixel and Facebook Pixel for ads through a third party. These are mainly used to measure how our advertisement is performing. Please also note that you may still see digital ads and banners from Metamaze on social media when you withdrew your consent. However, these are general advertisements that are not geared to interests that you have communicated to Metamaze. If you no longer wish to receive these, you must adjust this in your settings on the relevant platform.
- Registration for a demo: We collect your first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number, company name and job title so we can contact you to plan a demo. This is justified by the existence of a legitimate interest of Metamaze to organise the demo for you. We will only reach out to you for certain interesting use cases via e-mail if you consent to receiving these e-mails. You can always withdraw your consent via the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of each email sent.
- Contact form or support: By completing the contact/support form, we process your name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number, organisation and your question or message. If you contact us directly (by e-mail or telephone), we will process your contact details and the content of this correspondence. We only use this personal data to best respond to your query or complaint. This processing is therefore justified by the existence of a legitimate interest of Metamaze.
- Applying for a job position at Metamaze: We process the personal data you provide (e.g. identification data, contact details, CV, cover letter, LinkedIn profile, test results etc.) via e-mail or through social media providers such as LinkedIn we partner with to recruit new employees. We process this personal data based on our legitimate interest to evaluate whether you are a good match with the company and to ensure the smooth progress of the application process.
- Events: When you register for one of our events, we will ask for your name, e-mail address, organisation and job title to participate. We collect this information based on your consent in order to complete your registration and guarantee the best event experience for everyone.
- For the provision of our
- Supplier and partner
Metamaze considers your personal data as confidential and commits to process it only in a way that is compatible with these purposes for which the data were initially collected.
- Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under the GDPR, individuals have several rights to maintain control over the use of their personal data. Listening to people exercise these rights contributes to a sound and structured data protection policy and to a strong trust of our clients in Metamaze.
However, in the context of our specific services, Metamaze often acts as a processor of personal data under the GDPR, while the client itself acts as a data controller. In that case, Metamaze will refer your request regarding your personal data to the relevant controller.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights below, please contact our DPO for this purpose at email@example.com.
- Right of access
You have the right to ask us whether we process your personal data and, if so, to inspect those data and receive additional information on:
- the purposes for which Metamaze processes your personal data;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients (if your data are effectively transmitted to other parties);
- the retention period;
- the existence of automated decision-making;
- the information available to Metamaze on the source of the data if Metamaze obtains personal data through a third party.
Upon request, you will receive a free copy of the processed data. An administrative fee will be charged for each additional copy requested.
4.2 Right to rectification
If your personal data processed by us are incomplete, erroneous, or out of date, you have the right to have this rectified.
4.3 Right to data erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
The GDPR also provides for the right to have your personal data processed by us deleted. Such request can be made in the following circumstances:
- Your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed by Metamaze;
- You withdraw your previous consent to the processing and there is no other legal basis on which Metamaze can rely for the (further) processing;
- You object to the processing of your personal data and there are no more compelling legitimate grounds for the (further) processing by Metamaze;
- Your personal data are processed unlawfully;
- Your personal data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation;
- Your personal data were collected when you were a minor.
4.4 Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data if any of the following applies:
- You dispute the accuracy of your personal data: its use is restricted for a period that allows Metamaze to verify the accuracy of the data;
- the processing of your personal data is unlawful: instead of erasing your data, you request that its use be restricted;
- as long as no decision has been taken on the exercise of your right to object to the processing, you request that the use of your personal data be restricted;
4.5 Right to data portability
You have the right to request and obtain your personal data in a structured, common and machine-readable form. This is only possible for the personal data you have provided to Metamaze yourself, based on consent or following agreement. In all other cases, this right does not apply.
4.6 Right to object to the processing of your personal data
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if the processing is in the legitimate interest of Metamaze or in the public interest.
This is the case, for example, if we send you direct marketing communications based on our legitimate interest for similar products or services you have already purchased from Metamaze and you no longer wish to receive this information.
4.7 Right to lodge a complaint
If, at any time, you believe that Metamaze infringes your privacy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority: Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disclosure to Third Parties
Metamaze cooperates with third parties in the following specific cases:
- To ensure optimal service at all times, we cooperate with processors for certain processing activities. We only select processors that handle your personal data as conscientiously as we do. These third parties receive personal data solely for the purpose of processing it on behalf of Metamaze. We will therefore not sell your personal data to third parties and these parties may not use the data for their own (commercial) purposes. Metamaze has also entered into a processing agreement with each of these parties (“processors”) so your personal data can only be processed in accordance with our instructions and in line with all obligations required by the applicable data protection legislation;
- If it is required by applicable laws or regulations.
In some cases, your data may be shared with a third party, such as software providers and cloud and mailing services, outside the EEA for the purposes described in point 3 above. If that is the case, we guarantee an adequate and sufficient level of protection for your data by:
- making sure that we can rely on a an adequacy decision under article 45 GDPR or;
- by concluding standard contractual clauses and any other appropriate safeguards needed.
- Retention of your Personal Data
Metamaze applies the general principle. We do not retain your personal data longer than strictly necessary for the realisation of the purposes for which we received it. The retention periods differ with regards to the type of processing activity and the purpose for which the personal data were collected.
In all cases, personal data may be retained for a longer period if there is a legal or regulatory reason to do so, or for a shorter period if the data subject objects to the processing of his/her personal data and if there is no longer a legitimate reason to retain them.
We guarantee to only provide limited access to archived data and to remove or render anonymous your personal data if the retention period has passed.
If you would like more information about the retention periods we use, you can always contact us via email@example.com.
- Security and Confidentiality of your Personal Data
Metamaze has taken several technical and organisational security measures to prevent the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal data to third parties and any other unauthorised processing of these data.
We have made every effort to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information systems and services that process personal data. These measures include physical and operational security measures, access control, awareness raising and confidentiality clauses. All our employees and third parties engaged by us are obliged to respect the privacy and security of your data.
- Contact Details
If you have any comments, questions or concerns about any of the information in this Statement, or any other issues relating to the processing of your personal data by Metamaze please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may amend or update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes in our practices with respect to the processing of your personal data, or changes in applicable law. We will be doing this by posting the updated version on this website. When we publish changes to our Privacy Statement, we will change the date and version number of the “last update” of our Privacy Statement. Significant changes will be reported on our homepage. Nevertheless, we encourage you to read our Privacy Statement periodically.